Saturday 13 June 2009

Coming home, yet parting ways

Yesterday really was a mixed bag, if I ever saw one.
Flying was great and I made it as far as Omsk, just as planned. I also managed to grab some nice screenshots, which I'll post here, once I cut them to a size that doesn't over load your network traffic.

The real kicker came in the evening. A couple of days ago I raised my voice (probably too high) in our Virtual Airline's forum about an issue with scheduling flights for planes into places with way too short a runway. Even a slight drizzle and a mildly conterminated runway would make an attempt at landing an act of utter lunacy.
Now, what one has to realize is, that I'm the worlds most useless diplomat. I'm sporting a fat Berlin accent, which is by some perceived as plain rude, add to that my unfortunate tendency to revert to a rather ripe language, when I'm aggitated and you'll probably see where this is going to. Needless to say, people were very quick to point out my linguistic deficit without even bothering to make any remark towards the safety concerns I was raising.
Having found my composure, more or less, I appologized for my substandard linguistic presentation, but rephrased my initial concern, which prompted a return, that just broke the camels back. First of all my appology was rejected for it not being phrased in a style that pleased the "Leadership" followed by a musing, that "the Leaderships patience credit with me had run out". My initial thought was - "WTF is it? North Korea Simulator 2009?". Not even considering the fact, that aforementioned leadership, didn't even bother trying to contact me by PM or EMail, chosing to rather chew my backside publically right there. I may have a bad language, but I tend to think, that's still better than a bad attitude.
Realizing, that the "dear leaders" concern was putting more emphasis on what I say and how, rather than adressing my displeasure with people gloating about approaches to extremely short runways with a 70 seater plane and the appearance of such routes in our schedule, I chose to look, where the builders left the hole in the wall and left.

Thus endeth my involvement with the VA, I flew for. In a sudden change of fate though, I accidentally found out, that someone is founding a VA for the very airline, that I'm planning to resurrect. How's that for a twist in the story line :-)

PS: I'm disallowing comments for this post, as shortly before the fight broke out I left a link to this blog in my now ex-VA's forum. To avoid any fights being taken out I'm not naming the VA and I'm disallowing comments for just this one post. Hope you will understand.

Cheers, and always keep your takeoff-landing ratio at 1:1